Account Manager - Resellers
Fibercore is a market leader in the field of ‘Specialty’ optical fibers. Originally a technology spin-out from the University of Southampton and now celebrating over 30 years in business, we export more than 95% of our production to around 50 countries Worldwide.
With our consultative sales approach we are recognized globally as the ‘go-to’ optical fibre supplier. Our high-end optical fibre products are used in a diverse range of industrial sectors including automotive, biomedical, aerospace, telecommunications, energy and fundamental research as key components for applications such as driverless cars, surgical robots, aircraft stabilization and fibre lasers.
If you are excited by joining a smaller but highly successful and ambitious organisation where your contribution will make a difference in defining its future success, we would be very interested in hearing from you.
Based at our Southampton facility and reporting to the Global SVP of Sales, this full-time, permanent role is responsible for the management and maximisation of sales through our international distribution network, and some direct sales. The role requires regular contact with distribution partners across Asia and the Middle East, Australia, Africa and possible Eastern Europe to facilitate sales and provide rapid support.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Managing Fibercore’s distribution network in China, Japan, South East Asia, South Korea, Taiwan and Israel;
- Tracking the projects and sales of the distributors to ensure they are constantly engaged in selling our products;
- Identifying upselling opportunities for distributors and customers;
- Providing commercial and technical support to distributors;
- Providing regular training to distributors to help maximise their ability to sell our products, including product training, technical training and market overviews;
- Maintaining a training matrix of each distributor to ensure they are fully trained in relevant Fibercore products;
- Reporting sales performance in weekly, quarterly and bi-annual sales meetings;
- Defining the goals of each distribution channel, including retention of accounts as well as acquisition of new accounts and helping to set their annual targets;
- Ensuring the up-to-date distribution of relevant marketing material to each distributor;
- Working with the sales support staff and the Marketing team to create bespoke documentation;
- Developing support programmes for each distribution channel that meet each distributor’s needs;
- Constructing and communicating well-defined policies for accounts within each channel.
We are looking for someone who is qualified to degree level in a science-related subject with a minimum of two years’ proven experience in a technical sales role, although having a Masters or higher in a relevant discipline would be advantageous. Given the nature of the position, a strong technical and analytical ability will be crucial together with a high attention to detail. You will need to be proficient in relevant software, including Word, PowerPoint and Excel as well as CRM packages such as Salesforce. Similarly, first rate interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal, are essential as is the ability to add technical value to customer projects.
In addition, our ideal candidate will be someone for whom delivering customer satisfaction is a top priority, who has both business acumen and a customer focused approach to building excellent working relationships with our resellers. Likewise you will need to be a team player able to interact collaboratively with colleagues from other functional areas. Regular international travel and early or late working hours to adapt to customers and the distribution network are often required; language skills and exposure to different cultures would be beneficial.
Interested? Please send your CV and a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday 12th July 2019.
We look forward to hearing from you!
log-in to view more.