Technical Sales Engineer
Fibercore is the global leader in the field of developing and manufacturing ‘specialty’ optical fibres. We are recognised as the go-to optical fibre supplier for high-end optical fibre products due to our consultative sales approach which aims to understand our customers’ applications and sell them the best possible product. Our innovative products are used in a diverse range of industrial sectors including automotive, biomedical, aerospace, telecommunications, energy and fundamental research as key components for applications such as driverless cars, surgical robots, aircraft stabilisation and fibre lasers. We have a truly global sales approach where we export more than 95% of our production to around 50 countries Worldwide.
If you are passionate about helping to drive tomorrow’s high tech products, take a deep interest in learning new technologies and enjoy communicating with world experts in industry and academia, then we would be very interested in hearing from you.
Based at the company’s headquarters in Southampton and reporting to the Sales and Technical Business Development Manager, this full-time role is responsible for:
- Providing verbal and written technical responses to existing customers and new sales leads.
- Recommending the most suitable products against customer’s requirements or suggesting and managing sample tests where relevant.
- Writing detailed technical proposals for large sales opportunities.
- Building collaborative working relationships with customers.
- Liaising with internal engineers to find solutions for customers’ technical challenges where the answers are not immediately available.
- Researching the market for new market segments, new products, competitor activity and new business opportunities.
- Writing technical notes, datasheets and training documentation to support sales and marketing activities.
- Attendance of major international trade shows to assist with the sales effort.
- International business trips to visit customers where additional technical support is required (expected to be less than 10% of your time).
The successful applicant must have a good university degree in a science-related subject and have a strong technical and analytical ability to add value to customer projects. Ideally the applicant will have 3 or more years’ experience as an engineer or within a technical sales environment. As this is a customer facing role, first rate interpersonal skills together with the ability to communicate effectively both in written work and verbally with customers and colleagues alike, will be essential. Due to the technical nature of the role, strong attention to detail whilst working under time pressure is essential. Computer literate in relevant software including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and CRM packages (training can be provided) will be important. Where required, training will be given to grow expertise in optical fibers and a working understanding of sales techniques.
Interested? If so, please apply with a CV and covering letter to: HR@fibercore.com
We look forward to hearing from you!
log-in to view more.